Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Deleting comments from my blog and Facebook

I delete comments that are downright rude, insulting or defamatory from my blog and Facebook. The people who wrote these comments do not know how to be courteous or respectful. They think that it is their "freedom of speech" to insult other people, and to do it while remaining anonymous.

In some cases, I warned these people in my reply, but they insist on their "freedom of speech". I ban them from my Facebook, so that they can perform their freedom somewhere else. If they are deleted and feel aggrieved, they should reflect if they have been rude and insulting.

There is one terrible person who continues to write to insult me. His favorite expression is "Fatso 5%". I must have received 100 of his insults by now. I do not read the rest of his vitriolic. I just delete it automatically. It may take him a few minutes to write his venom, but it takes me 2 seconds to delete it. A few times, his remarks indicate that he is from NTUC Income. I can probably guess who he is.

There are many people who disagree with me, but they acted courteously, and I allowed their comments to appear in my blog and Facebook. You can read their comments from time to time, because they were not deleted.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment