Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

An economic slowdown?

I met a property agent who markets the commercial space in Midview City. He told me that the property market has slowed down somewhat.

When I drove to office and returned home yesterday, I saw that the road was rather empty, which was unusual. I asked my colleague if there was some special reason, e.g. a festival, but he could not think of any. He did agree that the road was not crowded.

I went for a haircut today, and the barber's shop was empty. The barber told me that it was after the lunar new year. Strange, I though that the new year was more than a month ago.

I read that Singapore Airlines is reducing its cargo capacity by 20% due to lack of demand.

All these are signs of a possible slowing down of the economy. Any observations to share? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment