Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Claim for repairs to vehicle

Here are the results of the survey.

Dear Sir,
I would like your advice about a traffic accident involving my car colliding with a taxi. Both cars were at a traffic stop wainting for the light to turn green. When the light turn green, the taxi in front of me started to move but braked suddenly after a few feet. Because of the proxiity of the cars, a collision occured but the force of the collision was mild.


The taxi driver of the taxi and I both came out and inspected our cars but found no damage to both cars. The taxi driver and I both agreed that there were no damages to both cars as the force of the collison were mild.


The taxi claimed that he stopped the car suddenly to avoid a collision with a lorry but the taxi was making a U turn while the lorry was making a right turn at Alecandra road. However I did not see the lorry. From the traffic junction I found that it was not possible for the lorry to collide with the taxi as alleged.


As both cars were not damaged, I was surprised that the taxi send an invoice of the repairs to the taxi costing over $2000. to my insurance company. The officer of my insurance company said that the taxi has been repaired.  Who allowed the taxi to be repaired whe there was no damage as a result of the acxcident?


F

REPLY
You can tell the insurance company to reject the claim from the taxi as the damages were not caused by you. However, the taxi driver will get his lawyer to sue you directly. You must be prepared to get your lawyer to reject their claim and to fight the case in court, if they issue you a summons.

0 comments:

Post a Comment