Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Life assurance policies give poor return

Dear Mr. Tan
I have the following life insurance policies:

Plan: Life Plus
Sum Assured $100,000
Yearly premium $1,282
Insured for last 10 years
Cash value now: $10,300

Plan: Dynamic Prolife
Sum Assured: $50,000
Yearly Premium 1,519
Insured for last 10 years
Cash value now: $12,000

Should I keep the insurance or should I switch to low cost fund and term insurance? Based on my calculation, if I keep the cash value and subsequent premium in low cost fund, I can get a better return. If I keep the policies, I will have to wait for another 6 to 9 years for my cash value to breakeven. Pls advise.

REPLY

Please read this FAQ:
http://www.tankinlian.com/faq/existinglife.html

I hope that you find it useful for your decision.

0 comments:

Post a Comment