Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Good advice from an uncle

Dear Tan Kin Lian,
I purchase the investment link policy(ILP) for 1 year. My uncle told me that ILP is not worth to buy. The insurance company and agent earn more commission. His advise is:

1) Don't join investment and insurance together, will definitely not benefit the policy holder.
2) For insurance, buy term life insurance which is cheaper and coverage higher.
3) For investment, buy mutual funds by our own.
Then I consult my agent and told him what my uncle told me.

My agent said that:
1) Term life policy do not cover the 36 diseases and medical card.
2) ILP coverage are Personal Accident(PA), Medical Card, 36 disease, Permanent Disability.
3) If I want to buy a policy which cover up all the above without investment, the premium pay is even more higher than ILP.

4) He will get higher commission if I buy all those policy separately.

Is that true? Hope can receive your valuable advise.

REPLY
I agree with your uncle. The agent does not give you the best advice.
Read these FAQs:
http://www.tankinlian.com/faq/savings.html
http://www.tankinlian.com/faq/choice.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment