Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

DBS Bank makes life difficult for its customers

DBS Bank really makes life difficult for its customers. I have to make a payment through internet banking to a friend. He gave me his DBS bank account.

I login to DBS  i-banking and have to create a payee. I went to look for my mobile phone, which is usually not kept with my desktop PC. This is one unnecessary hassle - on top of entering a user name, PIN and a 2FA token number.

I tried to register the payee. DBS bank asked me for the type of account and gave them 3 choices - Autosave, Current, Savings Plus. I don't know why DBS Bank has to ask me this information, as my friend did not tell me what type of account.

I entered 4 fields of information and tried "Autosave". It was rejected. I had to re-enter the 4 fields of information and tried "Current". It was rejected. I re-entered the 4 fields of information and tried "Savings Plus". It was rejected again.

I had to e-mail to my friend to ask "what type of account is it"?  MAS makes it difficult for a customer to change a bank account. If it was not so troublesome, I would have switched away from DBS Bank already.

This is life in Singapore - so troublesome, so costly, so inefficient.

0 comments:

Post a Comment