Pages

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Voice mail is not useful


Hi Mr. Tan,
I wish to highlight the redundant Voicemail service in mobile phone service. More importantly, it is a waste of the caller's $$$.

Currently, when I call another person's mobile phone and if he does not pick up the call, I will be directed to the Voicemail service within 10s (approximately. Maybe less than that). When this happens, the call will start to 'eat' into my mobile phone service's talk time.


With SMS and whatsapp, this Voicemail service is redundant. I feel that it is put in to 'eat' into callers' talk time.


Subscribers can opt out of this service. However, many are unaware. Even if they are, many don't care because it 'eats' into the caller's talk time, not the subscribers'. If true, this is an unethical practice by mobile service providers to boost profits.


For your views and highlight in your blog.

Mr. Lee

REPLY BY TAN KIN LIAN
I agree with you. I had the same experience. When I get into the caller voicemail, I stopped the call immediately.

As the receiver, I find the voicemail to be impractical to use. So, I opt out of the service.As there is caller ID, it is easy to return a call to those numbers that I recognize.

0 comments:

Post a Comment