Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pay fine to URA

I have just received a parking fine for an expired parking coupon. The notice gave the URL to pay fine as www.ura.gov.sg/pf.

I went to this website, entered by car number and was shown the webpage below. Payment was quite straight forward. It was helpful of URA to direct me to the direct page with their URL.


If websites are designed properly, they can be helpful to the public. So, credit goes to URA for making it easy to pay a fine with a meaningful URL. I hope that other government agencies will apply their common sense to make life better for the public.

By the way, the last time that I paid a fine for URA was a few years ago. It was quite troublesome to find the right page to pay the fine. So, I suggested that they give the actual page with a ..../payfine. They have now implemented my suggestion, but they did not tell me about it. This is the bad culture in Singapore that has to change.

0 comments:

Post a Comment