Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Proposed security measure for ATM withdrawal

A few people have given their views about the potential drawbacks of this proposal. http://tankinlian.blogspot.com/2012/01/suggestion-to-enhance-security-for-atm.html

I wish to ask for some views on the positive aspects of this proposal, compared to existing systems of authentication or non-authentication (apart from the 6 digit PIN).

In making an internet banking transfer or credit card payment, I receive a PIN through SMS and has to enter the PIN within a short time to authenticate the transaction. I find this method, which is commonly used, to be more troublesome. I would prefer to use my mobile phone to call a specific number to make the authentication, i.e. a pro-active authentication, rather than a reactive one.

What are your views?




0 comments:

Post a Comment