Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Lost a camera in a taxi

Dear Mr. Tan,

I took a taxi to visit a pet lodging shop, on the way to the airport for an overseas holiday. I left my camera in the taxi. There are several treasured pictures of happy moments in the camera.

On my return to Singapore, I called several taxi operators to report the loss, as I forgot which taxi I took. I had to leave messages in many voice mail and speak to telephone operators who were indiffferent as they were so used to taking such calls. It was a tiring and hopeless exefcise for me.

I hope that, in the near future, there is a one-point contact number to report a loss and to receive genuine help.

REPLY

I agree that call center service is generally quiet poor in Singapore, with a few exceptions (such as NTUC Income).

I will post your experience in my blog. However, to reach out to a bigger audience, you can write to the newspapers, like Straits Times and Today, or to the Land Transport Authority. I wish you all the best in the recovery of your camera.

0 comments:

Post a Comment