Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Practical lesson in customer service

I waited a long time to be served at the check-in counter at Changi Airport.

I told the customer service officer, "Are you X? I waited an unusually long time for you to check-in the passenger in front of me. After that, you were chatting with your colleague at the next counter before you attended to me. I am angry at this slow service. I will be lodging a complaint."

X said, "The delay was caused by the system hang. I apologise". X then attended to me speedily, efficiently and courteously. His face light up when I said, "Thank you. I have decided not to lodge the complaint". I am sure that X had a practical lesson in customer service that he will remember for a long time.

Lesson: Never chat with a colleauge while at work. Pay attention to your customer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment