Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Not able to offer the Rider

Hi Kin Lian,
Having dealt with and experienced your customer- centric approach, it’s with disappointment that you are no longer helming Income.It’s a real great loss to NTUC policy holders and NTUC.

I am hitting a brick wall with NTUC.I have a question and would appreciate your advice. I was trying to apply for a rider for my NTUC hospital insurance policy transferred from CPF Medishield plus.

I had an angioplasty some 18 years ago. My cardiologist offered his professional assessment that as the angio was done a long time ago, the condition has stabilized and there are no symptom suggesting a recurrence.

NTUC rejected rider outright. I even sugested to NTUC if they are concerned about heart disease I am open for a rider that limits heart disease to existing plan. My sense NTUC just taking an easy way out to blanket reject all prior conditions without any interest to study each case professionally.

Its simpler to advise anyone with prior conditions not to apply.Appreciate your suggestions how best to move forward.

REPLY
You are already covered under the main Shield plan. There is no need for you to take the rider (to cover the Deductible). If you need to be bospitalised, you can pay the deductible from your Medisave account. The larger bills can be paid by the main Shield plan.

There is no point to buy the Rider, if NTUC Income is not keen to offer it to you. All the best.

0 comments:

Post a Comment