Pages

Friday, November 30, 2007

Scope of advice

Dear Mr. Tan,

I came to know your blog from "mypaper". I find that some of the financial/insurance planning info and tips you shared with us been very useful and informative.

I would like to seek your advise on the following question: Does the financial adviser restrict their advice to only investment? Do they give advice on financial planning such as expenditure, restructuring of loans, when requested by their clients?

REPLY

Most of the financial advisers that I am aware of, will help you to buy a financial or investment product. They earn commission by selling the product to you.

As part of their service, they will help to prepare a financial plan for you. But, I am not aware if they are able to help in restructuring loans. I suggest that you ask them directly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment