Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Save for a child

Dear Kin Lian,

It has been very enlightening to read your blog and gain valuable insights about financial matters.

I bought a Prudential ILP for my son four years old. I now understand better about financial policies. I realize that much of the initial allocation of premiums in the 1st 3 years did not go into the funds purchase, but more of the distribution cost.

I have a one-year old daughter. What type of insurance I should choose for her?

REPLY

I suggest that you cover her under a Medishield plan (to take care of expensive medical treatment).

You can set aside some personal savings for her in a low cost equity fund. If you wish, it can be a separate investment account specifically for her.

Alternatively, you can make the savings in your own acount and transfer the money to her when she needs it at a later date.

Read this FAQ:
http://www.tankinlian.com/faq/child.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment