Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Agent plays a useful role

I use an agent actively to help me handle a transaction. The "agent" in this case, is:

* relationship manager assigned by the bank or my telco
* my stockbroker (remisier)

I have their personal contact number and e-mail address. I send my request to them by e-mail, SMS or a call. As they are familiar with the products and processes in their organisation, they can handle it easily for me.

The relationship manager earns a salary.

The stockbroker earns a modest rate of brokerage, maybe 0.15% of the value of the transaction. He earns a good income by having a high volume of business.

I hope, one day, that the insurance adviser can operate like a relationship manager or a stockbroker. They do not have to look for customers. The customers will contact them, if they need help.

The adviser can serve many customers, improve the productivity, and reduce the cost to the customer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment