Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Transfer of Shares to Family Members

I am visiting SGX to open a share account for my family members. I will transfer some of my shares to them. The cost of transfer is $10 per account per family member. I will transfer some shares initially, and additional shares at a later date.

This will give my family members the experience of owning shares, receiving the annual report and dividend of the investee company. They can also attend the annual general meeting.

Later, they can buy their own shares, from their savings. This gives them a chance to learn about their own investments, instead of investing through a high cost life insurance policy.

I wish to post this suggestion, so that other parents who have shares accumulated during their working life, can consider to transfer some shares to their grown up children.

0 comments:

Post a Comment