Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Commodity Prices

Hi Mr. Tan,
I would like to seek your advice on commodity investment during this period. I have bought X commodity fund a few months ago and my gain is around 5%, after paying the 5% sales charge to the bank.

Should I sell off this fund? Should I set a profit target or should I continue monitoring the commodity market and sell it once the commodities prices starts going down?

REPLY
I am not familiar with the timing of commodity prices. I cannot advise you on this matter.

Commodity prices are already at a high level. Some people think that they will go higher due to shortages, high demand, etc. But, there is a risk that it is already over-priced.

In the past, some stock, commodity and property prices have gone beyond their realistic level due to speculative reasons. Remember the dotcom days? When the bubble burst, the investors make a big loss.

0 comments:

Post a Comment