Pages

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Bad experience with insurance advisers

Dear Mr Tan,
I had a bad experience with my previous financial adviser who asked me to buy a expensive policy. I have lapse my policy as I find it too expensive and not practical.

I am a 28 years old, single. I do not want to spend too much in paying for higher premium. I know that Term Insurance is the most ideal. Which is better - Level or Decreasing Term?

My financial adviser recommended me a Term Insurance cover up to age of 65. I will be covered after 65 without paying premium. The premium is about $108.00 per month. The sum assured is $60,000. Is it good?

I have a NTUC M Incomeshield (previous known as MediShield) policy. My current financial adviser has advised me to top up $120 per year to enhance the coverage. I am also covered under my company insurance.

REPLY
It is best for you to ask a few insurance companies to quote to you the premium for term insurance. Read this FAQ:
http://www.tankinlian.com/faq/termd.html

Here are some benchmark rates for your reference:
http://www.tankinlian.com/faq/benchmark.html

The adviser is dishonest. He or she is selling a high cost whole life policy with premium payable up to age 65, and telling you that it is a low cost term insurance. If you buy a decreasing term insurance, you need to pay a much smaller premium.

As you are covered under your company scheme, there is no need for you to buy the enhanced plan.

You can lodge a complaint against these two advisers for giving you bad advice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment