Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2008

My replies to Straits Times and Today

The Straits Times and Today reported on 27 May about the discussion between me and Tan Suee Chieh to seek an amicable solution to the bonus restructure.

These reports were unfair and put me in a bad light, driven mainly by two remarks issued by Tan Suee Chieh:

1. That "my change of tone" was probably due to a better appreciation of issues behind the bonus structure. (This is not the case - and I had told Tan Suee Chieh about it earlier.)

2. That the bonus rates declared in the past years were unsustainable.

This prompted me to write the replies to the Straits times and Today, to correct the unfair and wrong impression. If the reports had been more fair to me and Tan Suee Chieh had not made the unnecessary remarks, I would not have written the replies. I would have preferred a more friendly atmosphere to resolve the issue.

0 comments:

Post a Comment