Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Make my blog more interesting

Someone complained that I have censored his comments in my blog. In his case, the statement is not correct. I posted his comment into the main page of my blog and separated a paragraph into two (to make it easier to read). His original comment remained in my blog.

I do have the ability to censor a comment in my blog. I will do it under the following situations:

* where the comment is offensive to another person
* where it is defamatory
* where it has a mischievous intent

So far, I have not found the need to use this censorship power (except for a rare occasion long ago).

I respect the views of other people, even if they differ from my views. I only ask that they express the view in a respectful manner.

When I copy someone's comment into the main page of my blog, I observe the following principles:

* I may edit the comment to be briefer and clearer (only if necessary)
* The original message is kept intact
* I do not quote that person's name (unless I have his or her permission)
* I may change some details to avoid that person being identified by his friends

I hope to receive views and comments from readers for posting into my blog. It becomes more interesting, if it is contributed by several people (and not just my views).

0 comments:

Post a Comment