Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Telling lies

My friend in Indonesia told me this story. He met an insurance agent working for a multinational company. The agent said, "Don't buy insurance from the local companies. They will not pay your claims. They are financially weak."

My friend told her, "I will report you to the Government. You are telling lies. How do you know that all local companies are weak? Have you made any research to back up your statement?" The agent was scared and never see him again.

I told my friend, "The insurance agents from a multi-national company in Singapore has been making similar statements like this over the years. This is how they can sell their high cost, low return product. They just spread lies".

A newly recruited agent working for this multi-national company recently told me that his agency manager has trained him to tell the same "marketing  line". I call it a "plain lie".


0 comments:

Post a Comment