Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Reimbursement of discount on policy


Dear Mr. Tan,
I consulted with last year regarding a life insurance policy with critical illness rider. It has been a burden to me every month that I decided to surrender. My agent was very upset saying it tarnished her reputation and she also demanded me to reimbursed her the discount. I have taken several policies for my family members under her. What should I do?

Reply
You are not required to reimburse the discount to her. You have already suffered a loss when you surrender the life assurance policy. If the agent harrass you, you can report her to her insurance company or to the regulator (MAS). You can ask the insurance company to remove her as the servicing agent for your other policies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment