Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

My observations on a morning walk

Twinkle is my pet dog, a Schnauzer. She is now 12 years old.

During the past year, I have taken her out for a walk several times each week. Initially, I had to use a leash, so that Twinkle will stay close to me, and not run away on a busy road with cars. (She was knocked down twice in past years and had to be nursed to recover).

I have started to take her out without a leash. She has now learned to stay close to me. I had read this tip in a booklet on training dogs, and it worked.

Walking back this morning, I had to cross a busy side road where many cars were driving by. The drivers of two cars on both sides of the road saw me with a dog and stopped to let us cross safely.

They are considerate people, and I want to thank them. Although in a hurry, they do take the time to give way.

The house on the opposite side of my house displayed a Singapore flag to celebrate National Day.  I observed that one in three houses in my neighborhood did put up the flag. I had also put up the flag much earlier, for Singapore - and not for any political affiliation. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment