Pages

Friday, June 15, 2012

Student misled into buying a life insurance policy


Hi Sir,
I would like to ask how to get justice for the loss that I suffered on my Prucash endowment policy bought in 2007.

My objective was to have a saving plan. I was induced by my agent who told me that I could earn interest of 3% p.a. but this rate was not guaranteed. 


After paying more than $4,000 in premium for the past four years, I was shocked to learn that the surrender value was only $1,000. As an undergrad student, I found it difficult to service this policy.


I felt cheated by the misrepresentation made by the agent. I wanted to get back all of my savings from Prudential, but it was not possible. I face a difficult decision whether to terminate the policy and loss the $4,000 or to continue till maturity and get a low return. It seemed to be a lose-lose situation for me. Is there any way for me to mitigate my damages?


REPLY
Who was the agent who sold the policy to you? How did you know this agent? Are you able to find the agent now and ask for an explanation?

COMMENT
Students should not commit to a life insurance policy. It may not suit their needs and they face the risk of losing a large part of their savings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment