Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Frivolous reply by Dr. Yik Keng Yeong

In my letter on Medishield published in the Straits Times, I made the following suggestions:

a) Extend Medishield to cover birth defects
b) Allow people who were not covered earlier to join Medishield and, if necessary, pay a loading due to their medical condition
c) Allow employees who are covered by their employer to stay out of Medishield and join it at a later date, to avoid duplication of coverage.

In his letter published in the Straits Times, Dr. Yik Keng Yeong chose to disagree with me on the trivial points - of whether birth defects is uncontrollable. He also interpreted my suggestions beyond what I had intended.

I checked to see his background and found that he had engaged in similar disputes with other people. See
https://www.google.com.sg/search?sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=yil+keng+yeong#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=yik+keng+yeong&oq=yik+keng+yeong&aq=f&aqi=g1g-m1&aql=&gs_l=serp.3..0j0i5.8775l12446l0l12636l20l18l2l0l0l0l143l1188l16j2l23l0.frgbld.&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=4ad81885ffd0cb3a&biw=1366&bih=663

0 comments:

Post a Comment