Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Role for insurance advisers

Several people sent e-mails to me to seek my advice on what they should do with their financial planning.

I am not able to provide this advise to them, as will take a lot of my time (which I am not able to spare).

I usually advise them to read the FAQ in my website, http://www.tankinlian.com/faq/

If they need specific advice, I usually refer them to an insurance adviser. The adviser will recommend the following:

1. Buy term insurance
2. Invest in a low cost, well diversified investment fund

The adviser does earn a modest rate of commission on these products, which gives good value to the customer (compared to high cost products available in the market). As the consumer is already aware about the options (after reading my FAQ), the adviser is not likely to push any high cost product.

I hope that this approach will be helpful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment