Pages

Friday, October 5, 2007

Keep your money in the CPF Special Account

Dear Mr Tan

One insurance agent pesters me to put my special account into his insurance product, citing that it would give a x% of return which will be sufficent to see me through my old age.

I told him that nothing is absolute. I could not take his words simply because there are too many insurance products in the market, with so many agents eager "to close a deal".

I would rather be prudent and let my money remains in the CPF until I fully understand the product. Any comment?

MY REPLY:

I agree with you. It is best to keep your money in the special account to earn 4% plus 1%. Most insurance products cannot give this type of return, due to the high distribution cost, expense and profit margin of the insurer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment