Pages

Monday, August 20, 2007

Insurance protection for new-born baby

Hi Mr. Tan,

Now I am planning to get a protection insurance for my newborn baby.... After listening to many insurer and products, I have finalised the below plan.... need your advise which is the best?

My main concern is I want a protection for my baby of sum assured of 100k with critical illness for whole life and my budget is hope to be within $100 monthly.

Initially I have decided to take up ILP. I met some friends who are over 50yrs old and they warned me against it as they are holding some ILP and regret it because of the high cost..... so should i spend another $20 more in other to get a traditional life policy?

(details removed)

Looking forward to your advise.

REPLY

Please read this FAQ on saving for your child's education.

If you decide to buy an ILP (which I recommend), you should choose one with low expenses. This website shows you the front end charges of several products in the market.

The best is a "do it yourself" unit trust. The next best is a low cost ILP offered by NTUC Income.

For your baby, I suggest that you buy a Medishield or private Shield plan, to cover the cost of medical treatment. The premium is very low, i.e less than $100 a year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment