Pages

Monday, April 16, 2007

Travel insurance for more than 90 days

Dear Kin Lian,

After realising that most annual travel insurance policies currently sold in the market have a limitation of 90 days (stay outside the country), what sort of travel policy should I carry, if I expect to travel on several occasions for more than 90 days?

The simple answer may be just buy individual travel policy each time I travel, but this is complicated by the fact that: at the point of departing Singapore I do not really know how long I will stay outside the country (overseas) before i return to base country (Singapore).

------------------------

My reply:

It may be better and cheaper for you to buy a personal accident policy to cover one year. See if there are able to cover evacuation (in case of emergency) at a modest additional cost.

This policy does not cover the events, such as flight delay and loss of baggage, but the amount of compensation is small.

0 comments:

Post a Comment