Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

My view of the ad - MyRetirement

I saw an advertisement of the new policy, called MyRetirement, from Aviva. Here are my views:

a) The capital is guaranteed


My view: A long term investment that is capital guaranteed usually pays a poor return. Please check carefully.

b) There is a guaranteed return of up to 2.38% per annum. This means that the return could be lower than 2.38% p.a. but could not be higher than 2.38% p.a.


My view: A return of 2.38% p.a., is quite poor for savings that is locked up for a long term.

c) It provides a guaranteed monthly income for 10 years.


My view: This statement means nothing. If I have $120 dollars, I can also get a monthly income of $1 over 10 years. It is more important to get an adequate return on your monthly income.

A better choice
 If you are investing for the long term, make sure that you can get a yield of at least 4% per annum.  You can attend the FISCA talk on financial planning or investments (see http://easyapps.sg/assn/Org/Event.aspx?id=5) to find out some better choices.



0 comments:

Post a Comment