Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

Difficult to make an internet banking payment

I used DBS IDEAL (corporate e-banking) to make a payment to a payee with a UOB Bank Account. I had to find out the bank which is 7375 and account number 101-XXXXXXX. I was asked to enter the bank code and branch code, which I assumed to be 7375-101. The DBS IDEAL system rejected it saying that this combination is invalid. I checked and tried again and was rejected.

My staff called DBS who replied that it is an issue with UOB. So, I decided to abandon the internet payment and wrote a cheque. Later, my staff called the client and found that the branch should be 001.

Why should our internet banking system to be so complicated. Surely, they should just accept the bank code and account code and pass the details of the transaction to the payee's bank to sort out internally on its branch code?

In the meantime, I will ask the payee to give me the full code for the bank (4 digits), branch (3 digits) and the account code (number of digits vary according to each bank). It is important for our banking system to sort out the complications and make it easy for businesses to make internet banking payment.




0 comments:

Post a Comment