Pages

Monday, May 8, 2006

I moved to Global Equity

I have $120,000 of my CPF savings invested in the Combined Fund (Growth) and Singapore Equity Fund. I have just decided to switch these investments into the Global Equity fund.

Here are my reasons.

1. The forecast PE ratio of USA and UK are expected to drop by about 15% to below 16 times. This suggest that earnings may increase by 15% during the next 12 months.

2. The forecast PE ratio of Singapore is likely to increase by 15% to above 16 times. This suggest that the earnings of Singapore companies may drop by 15%.

3. The Singapore market has done very well up to now. It is moving up further, after the general election. I decided that it is time to make a switch.

I continue to have other investments in the Combined Fund (Growth) and in other funds that are invested in Singapore equities.

0 comments:

Post a Comment