Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Coverage under Medishield and hospitalisation plan

Hi Mr Tan,

My husband is covered under the Government's Medishield plan. He is also covered under my company's hospitalisation plan for which I pay only 50% of the premium. Is this double insurance? Should I continue to insure him under my company's plan?

REPLY

There is double insurance for Medishield and the hospitalisation plan.

I suggest that you ask the insurer to explain to you the extent of the overlap. If the overlap is significant, there is no point for you to pay two premium. If the overlap is minor, then it is all right to keep the hospitalisation plan (as you only pay 50% of the premium).

You can see if the deductible under Medishield is covered adequately by the hospitalsiation plan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment