Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2005

Get Married Earlier

I have been encouraging our ladies to get married earlier, before they embark on a career. Most people disagree with me.

I was surprised to hear this story of someone who had actualy done so. Here is her story.

-------------------------------------------------

I MARRIED DURING UNIVERSITY

Marriage for the Singaporeans' ladies seems to be a secondary priority and late marriages and childbearing is most common in Singapore and many developed countries especially for the educated women.

I tend to differ. I believe that early marriage and child birth provides more benefits though the early years are are tougher with lesser income and stronger need for career building.

I married in my third year of University, and gave birth at the age of 24 and 26 years old. This is most rare as most of my friends only got married at the age of 30.

The decision was to settle early and have an "early" retirement from motherhood. Starting early mean that at the age of 40, the prime of my career and life, my 2 children are already teenager and babysitting is no longer required.

Furthermore, youth provides me with more energy to nurture and play with my children.

YO

0 comments:

Post a Comment