Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Loss of hard earned money

Dear Mr. Tan
I am also hit by DBS High Notes 5 (ST Sept 18 news). My relationship manager persuaded me to have lunch and showed me the product. He reinterated that it was a very safe investments as all the fund principals are all A rated.

I signed for $X. As I was busy, I trusted him and signed on the form. When Lehman's bankruptcy appeared in the news, I immediately called the relationship manager and was shocked to be informed that there will be zero payout.

I was not told about this and was only shown a copy of the prospectus but not given one. I would be grateful if you could advise me where can I make a complaint.

REPLY
You can lodge a complaint with MAS.Your complaint is about the conduct of the adviser (i.e relationship manager of the bank) for failing to disclose proper explanation about the product. Read my blog:
http://tankinlian.blogspot.com/2008/09/monetary-authority-of-singapore.html

Dear Mr. Tan,
I applaud your determination to help us, the helpless and disappointed investors who have dumped in thousands of dollars of our hard earned money into High Note 5. I hope MAS will take actions against the bank and its employees.

0 comments:

Post a Comment